Modern King James Version for Bible+
Modern King James Version, by J. Green
Feature: Paragraph indication.
Description: The Modern King James Version of the Bible is an update of the Authorized King James Version in today's English. Besides the language update, it has these differences:
- Many older editions of the KJV have a center column in which they suggest a better translation, many of these suggestions have now been put into the text.
- The names of animals of the Bible have been corrected according to scientific studies today;
- The titles to the Psalms and names of places have been translated to their actual meaning rather than their original name, such as Hor-hagidgad = The Hole in the Cleft.
- Those places which are incorrect have been changed (e.g. 'Passover' instead of 'Easter'; 'Joshua' instead of 'Jesus' in Hebrews 4; 'expanse' is replaced by 'firmament'; 'eunuch' for 'officer'; 'Let it not Be!' for 'God forbid'; 'came into being' for 'made' in John 1:3);
- places where the King James Version paraphrases have been replaced by a direct translation from the original;
- the Greek names for Old Testament characters are given the same name as in the King James Version;
- money, titles, weights, etc. are translated as they are in the original languages (e.g. denarius instead of penny).
The reviser has not thrust in words, nor left out words, in order to establish some personal belief as to what the Bible ought to say. The Modern King James Version can be easily understood in the pew when the speaker is using the King James Version.
This copyright applies to all the software, except those written by other people.
This license describes the conditions under which you may use this software. If you are unable or unwilling to accept these conditions in full, then, notwithstanding the conditions in the remainder of this license, you may not use this software at all.
The software may be used free of charge by any person or organization to whom it is made available, provided that that person accepts the conditions of this license.
You may not charge for the software itself, nor may you charge for any type of duplication costs, and you must not do anything to suggest to the person to whom it is distributed that this software is anything other than free software. The software may not be sold or resold, distributed as a part of any commercial package, or used or distributed to support any kind of profit-generating activity, even if it is being distributed freely.
You acknowledge and understand that you will make no effort to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works into other format.
No warranty of any sort, expressed or implied, is provided in connection with the software, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any cost, loss or damage of any sort incurred owing to the malfunction or misuse of the program or the inaccuracy of the documentation or connected with the software in any other way whatsoever is solely the responsibility of the person who incurred the cost, loss or damage. Furthermore, any illegal use of the program is solely the responsibility of the person committing the illegal act. By using this program you accept these responsibilities, and give up any right to seek any damages against the author in connection with this program.